The 26th Annual Spring Luncheon was was a sold-out event that commemorated the Council’s 35 year-legacy supporting San Antonio cancer patients and leading-edge research. Highlights included keynote speaker James Milliken, the UT System Chancellor, and tributes to the Council’s Past Presidents and 2019 Distinguished Service Award recipients Liz Conklin and Ginny Peacock. All event proceeds benefited the Mays Cancer Center, our newly named home to UT Health San Antonio MD Anderson Cancer Center.
Supporting Cancer Research & Patient Needs
One of the SA Cancer Council’s largest annual fundraisers, the Spring Luncheon supports cancer research and patient assistance, including transportation to treatment, nutritional needs and more.
Every year, the lunch features engaging speakers and draws hundreds of community leaders from around San Antonio dedicated to fighting cancer with the Mays Cancer Center.
For more information please contact the SA Cancer Council at 210-450-5571 or SACancerCouncil@uthscsa.edu
Recent Keynote Speakers
- 2019 – James Milliken, UT System Chancellor
- 2018 – Dr. William L. Henrich, President of UT Health San Antonio, and his son, John Henrich
- 2017 – Ed Whitacre, Jr., former Chairman and CEO of General Motors and AT&T
- 2016 – San Antonio native and Olympic Gold medalist, Josh Davis
- 2015 – Geralyn Lucas, bestselling author of “Why I Wore Lipstick to My Mastectomy”
- 2014 – Dave Draveky, former Major League baseball pitcher and cancer survivor
- 2013 – Steve Ford, actor and son of former President Gerald Ford