The CTRC Council (formerly the Cancer Center Council), founded in 1984, is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization providing volunteer opportunities and fundraising to support the Cancer Therapy & Research Center (CTRC) at the UT Health Science Center San Antonio to make a difference in the fight against cancer.
In 2014 the Cancer Center Council became the CTRC Council. This name change was celebrated at the 30th Anniversary Reception on June 26, 2014 at the CTRC.
For more information about CTRC, visit www.ctrc.net.
- Funded the Distinguished Chair in Oncology ($1 million investment)
- Contributed two (2) vans to transport patients
- Funded numerous research studies through the Council and Circles of Hope (10 donors x $25,000)
- Funded the Educational Suite for the Breast Cancer Clinic ($750,000 investment)
- Donated over $100,00 annually toward patient assistance.
- Worked with the San Antonio Express-News to host the annual Book & Author luncheon, raising over $200,000 per year for drug development.
- Assisted each year with the Free Skin Cancer Clinic and the International Breast Cancer Symposium in San Antonio.
- Involved hundreds of retailers in the Partners Shopping Card program, promoting and raising funds for the CTRC.
- Brought outstanding speakers to San Antonio each year for the CTRC Spring Luncheon.
- Transported hundreds of pounds of food from the Food Bank to the CTRC Food Pantry.
- Served as Patient Ambassadors, Soul Friends and more.